On Monday we told you to expect a new blog post every day this week. And, probably because we made that promise, the week turned out to be a hectic one. This week in Miami was characterized by a new slew of grand openings, unique events, and other important Miami news but, worry not, because we kept track of the most note-worthy happenings in the midst of our calendar chaos. Here's what you need to know:
1. On Monday, the new kid to Miami's "Brewers' Row", Concrete Beach Brewery, announced that they have begun brewing operations at their NW 24th Street HQ. On-going production includes two of its year-round draft beers, the wheat ale Rica IPA and the Miami-style pilsner Stiltsville Pilsner. We're excited to have another Miami ambassador spreading the word about our beautiful city through quality beer and can't wait for the brewery's indoor/outdoor bar, Social Hall, to open so we can add another hangout to our roster. "The energy and culture of this city drives everything we do, and we look forward to sharing our love of craft beer with the rest of Miami," shares Jesse Morris, Concrete Beach Social Hall Manager.
2. STK Miami, the modern steakhouse and lounge, is back in business after a very South Beach grand re-opening party. On Tuesday, we joined approximately 500 VIPs, ladies in bandage dresses, and dapper men in suits at their new home at the 1 Hotel to mingle and sample their reincarnated menu. The event engaged the who's who of Miami with signature cocktails, bites (the lil' BRGs with truffle were bomb), a pop-up tattoo parlor, a photo booth, and a flask engraving station because...South Beach. For us, STK Miami was about good vibes and good food so we're happy to see that they have successfully brought both back to Miami.
3. On Tuesday, the Arts and Entertainment District and Miami's Independent Thinkers launched the "A+E Performance Pavilion", a series of one part circus and two parts burlesque performances from the cast of Vaudeville and other surprise acts. The event, which is free and open to the public, also gives you a chance to perform with the cast, if you're so inclined. You can catch this unique show next May 1, May 5 or May 12 if you RSVP.
4. Blue Harmony Spa at the Shelborne Wyndham Grand announced special prices on their popular Citrus Quench mani and pedi for this weekend in celebration of National Manicure and Pedicure Day. From April 24 through April 26, you can schedule the manicure for $25 and the pedicure for $40 by calling (305) 341-1366. You can also get 20% off all additional services scheduled during this time. We tried out Blue Harmony Spa's massages during Wednesday's Legging Lounge event and you need it. Trust. On our end, we're excited to have another excuse to pamper ourselves.
5. Seaspice Restaurant and Moët & Chandon rolled out a sunset cocktail hour that starts today. If you have been saving your visits to Seaspice for special occasions, this sunset cocktail hour is your excuse to go back more regularly. Every Tuesday through Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Seaspice offers special prices on raw bar items, bar bites, cocktails, wines and, of course, Moët & Chandon. We're talking $7 Pata Negra croquettes so you know it's good.
What did you do this last week in Miami? Do you have any news we did not cover? Is there an announcement that we missed? What can we do to make our weekly roundups more helpful? Leave a comment below or send us a tweet @ThankYouMiami!