Guess who's back to fulfill your procrastinating holiday gift needs? That's right - your favorite blog that runs on Miami time. The holiday du jour is Father's Day, which in case you didn't realize is this Sunday. In the essence of time, here are five "so Miami" gift ideas that we compiled during our quest for the perfect gift to celebrate our faja and thank him for our Dutch lineage (similar to what we're doing above but more impressive). And, in case you didn't get the reference in our papi's nickname, here's the short clip from which it originated.
1. Luxury liquor. Our dad doesn't drink often, but he is Mexican so he appreciates a good tequila. For him, we like Jose Cuervo's "Reserva de la Familia" because it is an extra añejo, limited edition tequila with a rich cultural heritage (and a super cool bottle). Whether your dad is a tequila, bourbon or scotch drinker, you can't go wrong with a nice bottle of booze as long as it's accompanied with a heartfelt card.
2. Stand-out style. Let's face it - most men grow up wearing whatever their mom, wife, or other women in their life gift them so this one's for the Miami ladies. Think of your dad's favorite piece of clothing and upgrade it by buying it in an on-trend color or style. In our case, our dad needs a new and sleeker pair of shades. Growing up, he always sported a pair of Oakley's so we have been eyeing these Oakley Sliver ones in Black. The best part is that Oakley has local stores where we can pick them up so we don't have to expedite the shipping.
3. Boozy brunch. Our bet is that President Johnson was a Miami-an because who else would proclaim Father's Day on a Sunday if not a person that enjoys celebrating it with Sunday brunch? "Irregardless", it's the perfect way to kill two birds with one stone: celebrate dad AND get in your favorite meal of the week. In addition to your usual options, there's some noteworthy specials like Piripi's $15 bottomless mimosas and sangria and Bagatelle's Scotch cocktail and chocolate dessert pairing (which has a candied bacon strip BTW).
4. Delicious dinner. If dinner is more your dad's thing, Miami's also got his back with a ton of dinner options. The men in our life are meat and potatoes type people so we like the idea of treating dad to a steakhouse. STK Miami totally gets us because they created a special menu in honor of Father's Day that includes an appetizer, two entrees, and a dessert paired with a complimentary Whiskey cocktail. Plus, they're toning down their heavy SoBe vibe a smudge to be more dad-appropriate for the night.
5. Outdoor options. Faja is a watch-sports-in-sweats kinda guy, but we know there are dads out there who are outdoors men. Lucky for them, Miami's natural environment offers a lot for them to explore with you or on their own. For example, our wrecks or colorful coral reefs are within easy reach if you book a trip with South Beach Divers. Or, if fishing is more his thing, you can book an affordable day trip with Kelley Fleet. They're a great way to spend time with dad and make some unforgettable Miami memories.
Where will you be spending this Father's Day? Is your dad a luxury, style, food or adventure enthusiast? What will you be getting your dad? Leave a comment below or send us a tweet @ThankYouMiami!